Eartha Kitt- Santa Baby


As I was thinking about what could I write on the last day of December as a blog entry, Eartha Kitt's voice came to my mind, singing "Santa Baby". Reflecting on this year, it's been a good one for me and I sincerely hope for you as well.

Eartha Kitt with Friends Santa Baby (ebbonknee)


"Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz, December 26, 2008 - Eartha Kitt died Thursday at the age of 81. To pay tribute to her life and wide-ranging career in entertainment, Piano Jazz has unearthed this interview and performance from 1993."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98737624

Eartha Kitt's Biography

"Broadway stardom led to a recording contract and a succession of best-selling records including "Love For Sale" and "Folk Tales of the Tribes of Africa," for which she received a Grammy nomination. She also published her first autobiography, Thursday’s Child," during this period, and returned again to the cabaret scene with runs at The Persian Room, The Empire Room, and London’s Talk of the Town, among ot
hers."

http://www.earthakittfanclub.com/biography.htm

Santa Baby Lyrics
Translate: German | French | Spanish | Italian | Russian | Portuguese


http://www.kovideo.net/lyrics/e/Eartha-Kitt/Santa-Baby.html

Chords to Santa Baby
C Am D G C
1. Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree,
Am D G C
for me, I've been an awful good girl.
Am D G C Am D G
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
C Am D G C
Santa baby, an out of space convertible too,
Am D G C
light blue, I'll wait up for you dear.
Am D G C Am D G C
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

E
Think of all the fun I've missed,
A
think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed.
D
Next year I could be, oh, so good,
G G7 C
if you'd check off my Christmas list. Boo doo bee doo.

Am D G
2. Santa honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
C Am D G C
not a lot, I've been an angel all year.
Am D G C Am D G
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
C Am D G C
Santa cutie, there's one thing I really do need,
Am D G C
the deed, to a platinum mine.
Am D G C a D G
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

C Am D G C
Santa baby, I'm filling my stocking with a duplex,
Am D G C
and checks, sign your 'X' on the line.
Am D G C a D G C
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

E
Come and trim my Christmas tree,
A
with some decorations bought at Tiffany's.
D
I really do believe in you,
G G7 C
let's see if you believe in me. Boo doo bee doo.

Am D G C
3. Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
Am D G C
a ring, I don't mean a phone.
Am D G C Am
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
D G C Am
Hurry down the chimney tonight,
D G G7 C
hurry down the chimney to...night.

See you in 2009!

http://ladydpiano.com


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails