Diana Krall- Fly Me To The Moon


Who wrote Fly Me To The Moon?

"Mr. Howard's best-known song was "Fly Me to the Moon," introduced in 1954 under the title "In Other Words."

"One publisher wanted me to change the lyric to 'take me to the moon,' " Mr. Howard told the New York Times in 1988. "Had I done that, I don't know where I'd be today."


http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/02/28

Who sang Fly Me To The Moon?

From Frank Sinatra to Nat King Cole to so many others
...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_Me_to_the_Moon

Lyrics to Fly Me To The Moon
Fly Me To The Moon Lyrics
Diana Krall - Fly me to the moon (live with john clayton) posted by emruk

Free Piano Chords to Fly Me To The Moon
Am7 Dm7 G7 Cmaj7
Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars,
F7 Bm7/b5 E7/b9 Am7
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and mars,
A7/b9 Dm7 G9 G7/b9 Cm9 Am7
In other words, hold my hand!
Am9 Dm7 G7 Fdim7 Cmaj7 Bm7 E7
In other words, darling kiss me!
Am7 Dm7 G7 Cmaj7
Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forever more
F7 Bm7/b5 E7/b9 Am7
you are all I long for all I worship & adore
A7/b9 Dm7 G9 G7 Em7/b5
In other words, please be true!
A7/b9 Dm7 Dm7/C G7/b9 C6 Bm7 E7
In other words I love you
A7/b9 Dm7 G7 G7/b9 C6 Bb6 B6 C6/9
In other words I love You!
View chord structures

http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab/idmusica/4000/keyb/true/aba/2.htm

I do love Diana Krall's style of playing and singing. I have read many of her reviews.
Here's a bit of her background to share.

“Music was not something I wanted to do. It was something I had to do,” said Krall in a telephone interview from Singapore.

“I grew up in a family where both my parents were jazz pianists and music is like a culture in my house.
“I don’t remember not playing the piano or having music around. My mother sang in the church choir, my father plays piano and my grandmother sang. My mother used to hold me in her arms and sing when I was a baby.”

Although this songstress has been recognized as the world’s best-selling female jazz artiste, she says she is still learning.

“I don’t feel like I’ve mastered my craft. I feel like I’m on a constant journey. There’s always room for creativity in this ever-growing industry.”

Krall started her career as a pianist. It took some years before she decided to sing.

“I didn’t think I was good enough initially to sing,” she says. “When you’re listening to Sarah Vaughan or Ella Fitzgerald, it’s pretty evident there’s a difference between them and me.

“It was only in 1996 that I felt comfortable with singing, so yeah, it was a long process.”

She draws inspiration from Nat King Cole and from piano-playing singers, particularly Carmen McRae.

Krall, 43, began studying piano at the age of four, and subsequently played in her high school’s jazz band. At 15, she began playing regularly in restaurants and bars around her hometown.
The New Straits Times


http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/Features/20080928151736/Article/indexF_html


At 17, she won a scholarship from the Vancouver International Jazz Festival to study at the Berklee College of Music in Boston.

Krall’s playing attracted the admiration of legendary bassist Ray Brown, who suggested that she move to Los Angeles to study with seminal pianist Jimmy Rowles. It was during this period that Krall began singing as well as playing.

In 1990, after a three-year stint in Los Angeles, she relocated to New York, where she began performing. Krall achieved both a musical breakthrough and a commercial watershed with her 1999 release When I Look in Your Eyes.

They had an expanded instrumental ensemble as well as orchestral arrangements by Johnny Mandel.

When I Look in Your Eyes became an international sensation, going platinum in the United States and spending an entire year in the No. 1 position in the Billboard Jazz Chart.

In addition to winning Krall a Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Performance, it also became the first jazz album in a quarter of a century to receive a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year.

Krall’s crossover success was further reflected in her participation in the historic Lilith Fair tour in 2000, and the prominent presence of her songs on the soundtracks of TV’s Sex in the City and such films as Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.


I also enjoy hearing Fly Me To The Moon Bossa Nova-
sinvalfonseca

The musician and composer Joe Harnell won a Grammy for the classic ' Fly me to the Moon', done in bossa nova rhythm. He reached fame as musical producer when working with the jazz singer Peggy Lee and with Frank Sinatra.
It died in the last July 15, 2005 to the 80 anose in Los Angeles,após to suffer a fall and to enter in coma.
My na me is Sinval Fonseca I am plastic artist and amateur musician, that it likes the good music. I make a simple presentation here.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYyw1F5FgA

More bossa nova sounds

http://ladydpiano.com


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails