Norah Jones: Nearness of You

Norah Jones performing on Good Morning America...
Norah Jones performing on Good Morning America on June 11th, 2010. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



Awhile back I posted a video and a blog post on a Norah Jones song, Nearness of You. Some have asked for more specific notes to the chords, so I thought I would fill in what I know. You can get some of her songs in itunes.

Above Ground
Be My Somebody
 



Cmaj7 Cmaj9 Gm7 C9 Fmaj7 Fdim

Its not the pale moon that excites me That thrills and delights me,

Cmaj9 = CE/GBE

Gm7 = FBb/D

C9 = CGE/GBbDE

 Fmaj7 = FC/AC


 Fdim7 = FD/AbB

Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 G13(b9) Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 F/G G13(b9)
oh no Its just the nearness of you

Em7 = ED/GB

A7b9 = A/GBbC#


Dm7 = DA/FC

G7b9 = GF/AbD

Em7 =  GBDG

A7b9 = A/BbC#

Dm7 = DA/AC

G7 = GDF/B

G13b9 = GFD/AbB

Cmaj7 Cmaj9 Gm7 C9 Fmaj7 Fdim
It isnt your sweet conversation That brings this sensation,

C6 = C/ EGC


Gm7 = G/BbDA

 C9 = C/BbDE

Fmaj9 = F/CEG

Fdim7 = FF/AbB


Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 G13(b9) B/C C C
oh no Its just the nearness of you

Em7 = EB/GBD


A7b9 = AG/ABbC#

B/C = CG/DD#F#B

C6 = CG/EGAC


Fm G+7(#9) Cmaj9 C9

When you're in my arms and I feel you so close to me

Fm6/G = G/FAbCD

G7#5(#9) = GG/BEbFBb

 Cmaj9 = CGE/BE

C9 = CGC/BbD

Fmaj7 Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 C/E F F#dim F/G G13(b9)
All my wildest dreams come true

Fmaj7 = FC/C

Em7 = BEGB/DG

A7b9 = AG/BbC#EA

Dm7 = DD/FCEb

C/E = EE/GC

G9sus = GF/AC

G13b9 =  G/FAbBE


Cmaj7 Dm7 D#m7 Em7 Gm7 C9

I need no soft lights to enchant me

Cmaj7 = C/BEA

Dm7 = D/FC
 
Ebdim7 = Eb/F#C

C/E = E/GC

Gm7 =  GDBb/DFC

C7 = CG/BbDE

Fmaj7 Fdim Em7 A7 Dm7

If you'll only grant me the right

Fmaj7 = FC/ACG

Fdim7 = FF/AbBD

 Em7 = EB/BDG

A7 = AG/C#EA

Dm7 = D/CFA

G7 Em7 A7(b9)
To hold you ever so tight

G7 = GDF/BD


Em7 = EBG/B

A7b9 = AEG/ABbC#E

Dm7 C/E F F#dim F/G G13(b9) B/C C B/C C

And to feel in the night the nearness of you

Dm7 = DAF/CA

C/E = EE/GG

F = FF/AC

F#dim = F#/A

G9sus = GF/FAC

G13b9 = GG/FAbBE

B/C = CG/CD#F#B

C6 = EGAC/EGC

B/C = CG/CDA#F#B

C6/9 = EGAC/DEGC

B/C = CG/CD#F#B

C6/9 = EGAC/DEGC

 You may be interested in learning about Tritones

Blessings,






"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails