Norah Jones- The Nearness of You



Jones first album, Come Away With Me, became a multiple Grammy winner and multi-platinum seller, and it opened the door for her to perform around the world with her band. How do you like the sound of my old upright?lol
I'm playing one of my favorite songs, Nearness of You.



O.k. Here's the chord chart. Give it a try!
Cmaj7 Cmaj9 Gm7 C9 Fmaj7 Fdim

Its not the pale moon that excites me That thrills and delights me,



Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 G13(b9) Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 F/G G13(b9)
oh no Its just the nearness of you



Cmaj7 Cmaj9 Gm7 C9 Fmaj7 Fdim
It isnt your sweet conversation That brings this sensation,



Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 G13(b9) B/C C C
oh no Its just the nearness of you



Fm G+7(#9) Cmaj9 C9

When youre in my arms and I feel you so close to me



Fmaj7 Em7 A7(b9) Dm7 C/E F F#dim F/G G13(b9)
All my wildest dreams come true



Cmaj7 Dm7 D#m7 Em7 Gm7 C9

I need no soft lights to enchant me



Fmaj7 Fdim Em7 A7 Dm7

If youll only grant me the right



G7 Em7 A7(b9)
To hold you ever so tight




Dm7 C/E F F#dim F/G G13(b9) B/C C B/C C

And to feel in the night the nearness of you



(Fmaj7)

Singer, composer and pianist Norah Jones was born on March 30, 1979, in New York City. But her musical life began in Grapevine, Tex. It was during her time there that she began singing in church choirs and taking piano lessons, even trying out the alto saxophone. Her earliest influences came from her mother's extensive LP collection and a Dallas oldies station. While listening to her mom's records, Jones fell in love with jazz by way of the Billie Holiday albums she'd play over and over again.

When she was 15, Jones moved to Dallas with her mother. She became a student at the Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. Inspired by an Etta James recording of "I'll Be Seeing You," she performed her version at age 16 in a local coffeehouse during open-mic night. It was her first solo gig. While in high school, she played with a jazz-rock band and earned her first awards: the 1996 Downbeat Student Music Awards for "Best Jazz Vocalist" and "Best Original Composition." She won the Downbeat SMA for "Best Jazz Vocalist" again in 1997, and she later majored in jazz piano at the University of North Texas.

http://www.norahjones.com/


For more background reading, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norah_Jones









http://www.LadyDpiano.com


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails