Learn to Play I'll Be There

English: Berry Gordy House, Boston Edison Dist...
English: Berry Gordy House, Boston Edison District, Detroit (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


I'll Be There was written in 1970 and reached the ears of the world and soared to the top. Words and music by Berry Gordy, Hal Davis, Willie Hutch and Bob West. I like to play this pop song in 4/4 time with a moderate beat in the Key of F. I've listed other chord charts to the song in different keys. too.


Key of  F


F               C/E      
You and I must make a pact, 
Dm7     F/C       Am
we must bring salvation back
Bb               C7sus
where there is love....
F
I'll be there.
F                C/E           
I'll reach out my hand to you; 
Dm7        F/C     Am
I'll have faith in all you do.
Bb           C7sus        
just call my name and 
F              Gm F/A
I'll be there. 

chorus:
          Ab                 Eb
And oh - I'll be there to comfort you
         Bb                          
build my world of dreams around ...
F       
I'm so glad that I found you
Ab                   Eb
I'll be there with a love that's strong
             Bb                  F      Fsus
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on.

F                        C/E
Let me fill your heart with joy
Dm7     F/C            Am
Togetherness, well, it's all I'm after
Bb            C7sus       
Whenever you need me,
F                C/E
I'll be there to protect you
Dm7        F/C         Am
with an unselfish love that respects you.
Bb           C7sus        F
Just call my name and I'll be there.
(chorus)

F                      C/E               
If you should ever find someone new,
Dm7         F/C        Am
I know he'd better be good to you,
Bb          C7sus
cause if he doesn't....
F
I'll be there.
                      
Don't you know, baby
F        C/E   Dm7   F/C   Am7      
I'll be there, I'll be there,....
Bb           C7sus         Fmaj9
Just call my name, I'll be there


Chord Breakdown

L.H. / R.H.

F/FA       You and I must
E/GC       make a pact
D/CF       we must
C/ACF     bring sal-
A/ACE     vation back.
Bb/FBbD  Where there is
C/BbDFA  love
F/CFA       I'll be there. I'll reach out my
E/CEG      hand to you
D/ACF      I'll have
C/ACF      faith in
A/ACE      all you do.
Bb/FBbD  just call my
C/BbDFA name and I'll be
F/ACF      there.       

Gm
F/A

Ab/EbAbC    I'll be there to
C/BbG           comfort you, build my
Bb/BbDF       world of dreams around you; I'm
F/AF              so glad that I found you.
Ab/AbCEb    I'll be there with a 
Eb/BbEb       love that's strong. I'll be your
Bb/BbDF      strength.
F/AG            I'll keep holding on.
F/CFBb

F/ACF         If you should ever find
E/GC           someone new,
Bb/FBbD     'cause if he
C/BbDG      doesn't, I'll
F/AF            be there. Don't you know, baby

F/CFA         I'll be
E/EGAC     there
D/FAC
C/FACE      I'll be
A/EGAC     there
Bb/FBb       just call my
C/BbDF      name, I'll be
F/GACF      there.





Key of C


C                     G     Am         Em
You and I must make a pact, ...
F               G    C
where there is love....
C                 G            Am      Em
I'll reach out my hand to ...
F            G        C
just call my name and ....

chorus:
          Eb                 Bb
And oh - I'll be ....
         F                          C 
build my world of dreams around ...
Eb                   Bb
I'll be there with a ....
             F                   C
I'll be your strength, I'll ....

C               G        
Let me fill you ...
Am            Em
Togetherness, ...
F            G        C
Whenever you need ....
C                G            Am     Em
I'll be there to protect ....
F            G        C
Just call my name and...
(chorus)

C                      G      Am     Em
If you should ever find ....
F          G          C
cause if he doesn't....
                      C
Don't you know, ....
        G   Am        Em      F     G     C
I'll be there, I'll be there,....

C        G    Am       Em   F       G     C
I'll be there, I'll be there....

Don't you ....
C        G     Am      Em   F       G     C
I'll be there, I'll be there, ....





Key of A

A             E           F#m            C#m
You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back

Riff 1: 
         D               E            A
          Where there is love, I'll be there

A                 E          F#m                C#m
I'll reach out my hand to you, I'll have faith in all you do

Riff 1:
        D             E                 A
          Just call my name and I'll be there

C5                  G       
  I'll be there to comfort you,
          D                                 A   
Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you
C5                        G
  I'll be there with a love that's strong
            D                    A
I'll be your strength, I'll keep holding on

Hope you enjoy playing the song. Do you have a favorite Michael Jackson tune?

Best,








"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails