Holly Cole Trio - I Can See Clearly Now



"Holly Cole (born November 25, 1963 in Halifax, Nova Scotia) is a Canadian jazz singer, particularly popular in Canada and Japan for her versatile voice and her adventurous repertoire, which spans such divergent genres as show tunes, rock, and country music."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Cole_Trio


Holly Cole Trio - I Can See Clearly Now

The classic tune, originally written and performed by Johnny Nash.


Listen to the piano later on in the song.



Chords to I Can See Clearly Now

Intro:

Ab Bb

Verse:

Bb Eb Bb Eb Bb
I can see clearly now the rain is gone, well
Bb Eb F
I can see all obstacles in my way, yeah
Bb Eb Bb
Gone have the dark clouds that used to make me blind
Ab Eb Bb
It's gonna be a bright, (bright) bright, (bright) sun shiny day
Ab Eb Bb
Oh I can see a bright, (bright) oh a little bright, now (bright) sun shiny day


Verse:

I think I can make it now that the rain is gone, yes I can
All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
Here is the rainbow I have been praying for.
Well, It's gonna be a bright, (bright) bright, (bright) sun shiny day
Oh it's gonna be a bright, (bright) bright, (bright) sun shiny day


Bridge:

C# Ab
Well, look all around, there's nothing but blue skies
C# F
Why don't you just a- look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies


solo over verse chords

Bridge:

C# Ab
Yes, look all around, there is nothing but blue skies
C# F
Why don't you look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies


I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way, don't worry!
Gone have all the dark clouds that used to make me blind.
Oh, I see it bright, (bright) bright, (bright) sun shiny day, yes I do
It's gonna be a bright, (bright) bright, (bright) sun shiny day

fade out
.....


Ray Charles - I Can See Clearly Now





More from the Holly Cole Trio

Holly Cole - Little Boy Blue

Holly, David Piltch, and Dougie Bowne perform "Little Boy Blue" live in 1995.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails