Music and Song Requests: No Greater Love and Falling in Love With Jesus



 I'm taking a little break from all of my latest music theory posts to address some special song requests. Remember that you can always modulate up or down a chord if the song I post is not in the key of your choice that fits your voice range


* Request #1 - No Greater Love
Lyrics and Chords 

No Greater Love

Rachel Lampa

    G                 Em      C                 Am -  D
1. Before I knew your name,  You knew my ev'ry breath.
   G              Em    C                 Am - D
Before I found my way,  You knew my ev'ry step.
C                   G                    Am                 C - D
Before I knew everything that I'd need,  You gave it all to me

CHORUS:
   G                 Em            C                         Am - D
No greater Love than this.....That you should lay down your life
    G               Em    C                    B7
For someone such as me....I'd spend a lifetime wondering why
    Em                   C                      G                Em
The beauty of Heaven, Is here in my heart,  And I know there can be...
            C     D          G    Em - C - Am - D
No greater love........than this
__________
     G           Em         C                   Am - D
2. I never understood,  how merciful love could be,
  G              Em      C                  Am - D
Until I felt His flame, light every part of me
    C                 G                  C                   C - Am 
And I would give everything that I am,  'Cause I have been saved....
     C             C  - D
Yes, I have been saved!

CHORUS:
   G                 Em            C                         Am - D
No greater love than this.....That you should lay down your life..
    G               Em   C                    B7
For someone such as me,  I'd spend a lifetime wondering why
    Em                   C                      G               Em
The beauty of Heaven, Is here in my heart,  And I know there can be
            C      D
No greater love.......

ENDING - (Easier to sing in same key)
G                    Em             C                        Am - D
No greater love than this..... That you should lay down your life
    G               Em  C                    B7
For someone such as me, I'd spend a lifetime wondering why
    Em                  C                     G                Em
The beauty of Heaven is here in my heart, And I know there can be
           C  -  D                  Em - Am                 
No greater love,   for someone like me,     No greater 
C     D         G
love.......than this.

ENDING CHORDS:
  Em - C - Am - D - G


* Song Request #2


No Greater Love-Key:Bb (maybe you can modulate down 1 whole step)
Chords and Lyrics
 

>C/G-Bb-Eb
>F/A-C-F
>Bb/Bb-D-F
>Ab/Ab-Bb-F
>G/A-C-F
>G/B-D-F
>Db/B-Eb-G
>C/Eb-G-Bb
>F/Eb-G-Bb
>F/C-F-A
>Bb/Eb-Ab-C
>Bb/D-F-Ab-C
>E/D-Gb-Bb
>Eb/G-Bb-D
>D/F-A-C
>G/F-Bb-D
>G/F-A-C
>G/F-Bb-D
>C/G-Bb-Eb (1st ending)
>F/G-Bb-Eb (1st ending)
>Bb/F-Bb-D (2nd ending) {play these note seperate:Bb-A-Bb; There is no}
>C/Eb-G-C
>C/Bb-Eb-G
>C/Bb-Eb-G
>C/D-G-Bb
>F/C-F-A {play these notes separate: Bb-A-G; There is no}
>Bb/Bb-Eb-G
>Bb/C-F-A
>Bb/Bb-D-F
>Ab/Ab-Bb-F
>G/G-B-D
>G/G-B-D
>G/G-C-Eb
>G/B-D-F
>F/Eb-A-C {play these notes separate:Eb-D-C; No great-er}
>Bb/F-A-C
>Bb/F-Bb-D
>F/Eb-Ab-C
>Bb/D-Ab-C
>Eb/G-Bb-D
>D/F-A-C
>G/F-Bb-D
>Db/E-Eb-G
>C-G/Bb-D-f
>F/Bb-Eb-F
>F/A-Eb-F
>Bb/C-Eb-G-Bb
>Bb/D-F-Bb
>E/D-Gb-Bb
>
>Verse:
>For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son
>The Son shed His life on Calvary, so that U & I might be free
>No greater love, no greater love than a man lay down his life for his
friend
>No greater love, no greater love than a man lay down his life for his
friend
>
>Chorus:
>There is no greater love, there is no greater love, there is no greater
love,
>no greater love.
>
>Jesus went to Calvary, to save a wretch like U & me. That's love, that's
love
>They hung Him high, they stretched Him wide. He hung His head, for me He
died.
>That's love, that's love 



* Fred Hammond


No Greater Love:

Hammondman Midi 


Piano Tutorial

“No Greater Love” song – Don Moen

Lyrics:-

You loved me,
When I was so unlovely,
You sought me
When I was lost;
You showed me
How much You really loved me,
When You bought me
At the highest cost
There’s no greater love than this,
There’s no greater love than this,
That a man would give his life for a friend;
There’s no higher sacrifice
Than a man would give his life,
You have paid
A precious price for me
You chose me,
When I was so unworthy
You cleansed me
With Your own blood;
You clothed me
With righteousness and mercy,
And You crowned me
With Your steadfast love
There’s no greater love than this,
There’s no greater love than this,
That a man would give his life for a friend;
There’s no higher sacrifice
Than a man would give his life,
You have paid
A precious price for me   (2)
You have paid
A precious price for me…


Don Moen Midi 


* Song Request #3

No Greater Love
by Steven Curtis Chapman

Capo on 4
intro and verse chords:
-E-        -C#-      -D-        -B-
EADGBE    EADGBE    EADGBE     EADGBE
079xxx    046xxx    057xxx     024xxx

play 2x

E        C#m               D         B
Man of courage with your message of peace

E             C#m          D      B
What is that look in your eyes?

E             C#m          D        B
Why have you come to this far away place?

F#m            E              D            
What is this story you would lay your life down to tell?

F#m           E            G
What kind of love can this be?

Chorus:

         A           E         F#m
There is no greater love than this

         A           E               F        G
There is no greater gift that could ever be given

         A        E       F#m    
To be willing to die so another might live

         F           G                E  C#m  D  B
There is no greater love than this.


Verse 2 (same chords)
Broken hearted from all you have lost
How can you sing through your tears?
What is this music that can bear such a cost?
What is this fire that grows stronger against the wind?
What kind of flame can this be?

Chorus:

         A           E         F#m
There is no greater love than this

         A           E               F        G
There is no greater gift that could ever be given

         A        E       F#m    
To be willing to die so another might live

         F           G          F#m
There is no greater love than this.


Bridge:

             F                         A
This is the love that God showed the world

F#m                  F
When He gave us His Son

             G
So we could know His love forever


Beyond the gates of splendor


Chorus


* Song Request #4


Falling In Love With Jesus by Jonathan Butler (arr. drummerboygil)


Key of Db (Song is really in A)
LH/RH


Intro:


F#//F#-Bb-Db
Ab/Ab-C-Eb
Bb/Bb-Db-F
Ab/Ab-C-Eb
Db/F-Ab-Db


Verse 1


Db/Ab-Db-Eb-F     Falling in love with Jesus
Db,C,B,Bb             (Bass run filler)
Bb/F#-Bb-Db-F     Falling in love with Je-
A/A-Db-Eb-F#, F  sus
Bb/Bb-Db-F           Falling in love with
Bb,A,Ab,G(bass)    Je-
G/G-Bb-Db-Eb       sus
                                was the
F#/F#-Bb-Db          Best
Ab/Ab-C-Eb           Thing
Bb/Bb-Db-F            I've
Ab/Ab-C-Eb           Ever
Db/F-Ab-Db           Done.


This is pretty much the all the chords to the song. Here are the rest of the lyrics:


In His arms, I feel protected
In His arms, never disconnected
In his arms, I feel protected
There's no place I'd rather be.


Ending to the song:


                         There's
F#/F#-Bb-Db    No
Ab/Ab-C-Eb     Place
Bb/Bb-Db-F     I'd
Ab/Ab-C-Eb      Rather
G (bass note)
Bb/F-Bb-Db       Be
G/G-Bb-Db-Eb (filler)
(Repeat 3 times then end with these chords)


Eb-Bb-Eb/F#-Ab-Bb-Db-Eb
Db-Ab-Db/F-Ab-Bb-Db

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you enjoy your stay at LadyD Piano.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails