Diana Krall- Just The Way You Are


My Christmas was "swonderful", hoping yours was, too! I was in the kitchen preparing lots of food for family and friends and playing with my 2 Grandsons. After taking a short break, now it's time to gear up with one of my favorite jazz artists, Diana Krall.

Anders Eriksson tells us "Diana Krall is an accomplished singer, and jazz pianist. Diana was born in British Columbia Canada in 1964. She learned to play piano when she was just four-years-old. Everyone is her family are musicians... In 2000, Diana went on a tour with Tony Bennett and was nominated for more Grammy awards. The Look of Love album went platinum, the following year. It went to number one on the Canadian charts, and on the Billboard 200, top ten. In 2001 Diana toured the world. The Paris Olympia concert was recorded, and Diana Krall-Live in Paris was released and went to the top of Billboard jazz charts, number 5 in Canada and the top 20 of Billboard 200. On the recording was a cover of Billy Joel’s “Just The Way You Are” and “A Case Of You” by Joni Mitchell."


http://www.johndoessqueezepage.com/jazz-music/diana-krall.htm/

I definitely agree with this article. I own the Diana Krall Dvd, Live In Paris and have concluded that Diana is indeed a great jazz improv artist. Have a listen to
Diana's studio version of Billy Joel's classic Just The Way You Are on YouTube:

Music Video for Diana Krall singing Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are" Adolfo2500


Diana Krall Lyrics
Just The Way You Are Lyrics
* Just The Way You are Chords
D--------Bm6-----Gmaj7-------Bm----------D7/9
Don't go changing, to try and please me

Gmaj7-----Gm7-----------D-Am7-D7/9
You never let me down before

Gmaj7--Gm7---D------------Bm7
Don't imagine?. you're too familiar

Bm7--E9-------------------A9sus
And I don't see you anymore

D-----------Bm6-----Gmaj7--------Bm------D7
I would not leave you in times of trouble

Gmaj7----Gm7------------------D-Am7-D7
We never could have come this far

Gmaj7------Gm6--------D------------Bm7
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times

Em7--------------------A9sus--------D
I'll take you just the way you are

* Chord Breakdown:
Bm6= B G#/ D F# D to B

E9= E G#/ D F# D to E

A9sus= A G/ B D A to G

Gm6= G D/ Bb E to D


Learning 5 finger scales in any key helps recognize chords, with whole steps and half steps, whether Major or Minor Keys. Think Major first and listen to it, then play a Minor Chord, flatting the third, and listen to the sound you've made. Also play the octave of the chord in your l.h. and play the triad in your r.h. You can also arpeggiate the chord in your r.h. and that gives the chord a different sound.

I'm loving this song, I love You Just The Way You Are. Have a relaxing time playing the chords. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Thanks for stopping by my blog.


For more, visit my site:


http://ladydpiano.com


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails