How To Play Norwegian Wood

The Beatles: Norwegian Wood



One of my high school students is coming for a piano lesson this afternoon. She enjoys playing popular songs from Disney movies. Her first choice are the Beatles music! Towards the end of this post, you will find a plethora of other Beatle songs that include chord charts for your enjoyment.

Norwegian Wood: Song Chart l LadyDpiano


Norwegian Wood

Words and Music by John Lennon and Paul McCartney
1965

Key: Em
Time: 12/8 Moderately

E Bm7 A E

E                                 Bm7        A   E
I once had a girl or should I say she once had me
E                                    Bm7    A    E
She showed me her room isn't it good Norwegian wood

Em                                             A
She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere
Em                                               F#m7  B7
But I looked around and I noticed there wasn't a chair

E                             Bm7        A   E
I sat on a rug biding my time drinking her wine
E                                     Bm7         A   E
We talked until two and then she said it's time for bed

Em                                                   A
She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh
Em                                                 F#m7  B7
I told her I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath

E                            Bm7        A   E
And when I awoke I was alone this bird had flown
E                             Bm7     A   E
So I lit a fire isn't it good Norwegian wood

Piano Chord Breakdown

E = E/EB
Bm7 = E/BDF#A
A = A/AC#
E = E/G#B
Em = E/BGB
A = A/C#EA
F#m7 = F#/C#EA
B7 = B/D#F#

Intro Right Hand Chords

EBE, EC#E, EBE, EAE, EG#E, EF#B,EAB, EG#B / BEB, BD, F#A, C#E, BE, BE

Intro Left Hand Single Notes

E, E, B, E (4x) per measure

Outro Right Hand Chords

EBE, EC#E, EBE, EAE, EG#E, EF#B, EAB, EG#B / BEB, BDF#A, AC#, G#B

Outro Left Hand Single Notes

E, E, B, E (5 times), last measure E, E, B, E, B, A, EE



Norwegian Wood (version 2)

D Dsus4 D C  G  D

D Dsus4      D                      C        G   D
I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me
D   Dsus4         D                    C    G    D
She showed me her room, isn't it good, Norwegian wood

    Dm                                         G
She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere
Dm                                               Em   A
But I looked around and I noticed there wasn't a chair

D Dsus4    D                    C        G   D
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
D  Dsus4        D                       C         G   D
We talked until two, and then she said, it's time for bed

    Dm                                               G
She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh
Dm                                                  Em   A
I told her I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath
[ Tab from: http://www.guitaretab.com/b/beatles/273722.html ]
D   Dsus4   D                       C    G   D
And when I awoke, I was alone, this bird had flown
D   Dsus4   D                    C    G    D
So, I lit a fire, isn't it good, Norwegian wood

http://www.guitaretab.com/b/beatles/273722.html



Tuesday Teaching: LadyDpiano


Other Beatle Posts

All You Need Is Love (414)

Blackbird (1, 818 hits)

Eleanor Rigby (388 hits)

Help (57 hits)

Hey Jude (29 hits)

Let It Be (45, 882 hits)

Oh Darling (309 hits)



As you can see, Blackbird and Let It Be are the most popular song choices on my blog right now.
You're probably going to use the Song Robot Software with some of these tunes. Check it out!

Wishing you a great week of practice!

-- LadyD
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails