Mailbox Monday: One More Step Along The World I Go

English: travelling thoughts in a short amount...
English: travelling thoughts in a short amount of time (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 

Monday Mail Box

Song Request from Samie Samuel Sesay:

Perfect timing with this one because I was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery New Year's Eve and didn't get a chance to wish all of my readers a Happy New Year. The melody to this old hymn is easy to sing along, so peaceful and meaningful, and  the chord structure is basic so you can modulate or play it in any key using I-IV-V chords.

One More Step Along The World I Go

C                               G
One more step along the world I go,
                                  C
One more step along the world I go;
C                   F
From the old things to the new,
C             G                               C
Keep me travelling along with you:
C                          G
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
C                       G                     C
Keep me travelling along with you.

Round the corners of the world I turn,
More and more about the world I learn;
All the new things that I see
You'll be looking at along with me.
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
Keep me travelling along with you.
As I travel through the bad and good,
Keep me travelling the way I should.
Where I see no way to go,
You'll be telling me the way, I know.
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
Keep me travelling along with you.
Give me courage when the world is rough,
Keep me loving though the world is tough;
Leap and sing in all I do,
Keep me travelling along with you:
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
Keep me travelling along with you.
You are older than the world can be,
You are younger than the life in me;
Ever old and ever new,
Keep me travelling along with you:
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
Keep me travelling along with you.

YouTube Video: Billy Doze





Author: Sydney Carter



Sydney Bertram Carter (6 May 1915 – 13 March 2004) was an English poet, songwriter, folk musician, born in Camden Town, London. He is best known for the song "Lord of the Dance" (1967), set to the tune of the American Shaker song "Simple Gifts", and the song "The Crow on the Cradle", adapted from an old folk song.







 Really a nice old song and easy to play chords. Just great for beginners.

You may be interested in the Song Robot Software You can easily play songs in minutes with this new revolutionary tool by HearandPlay.com

Also, just for today Hear and Play is giving away Musician Breakthrough (14 disc package!)

Happy New Year, everyone! Blessings with your piano practice as you dig deeper and sharpen your piano skills. Thanks for the song request. I always enjoy hearing from you!

If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin' Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!



"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails