Monday Mailbag: Seven Lonely Days

Cline at WSM studios in Nashville, Tenn. in 1963
Cline at WSM studios in Nashville, Tenn. in 1963 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Song request for Seven Lonely Days. 
Do you have a favorite Patsy Cline song?

By Earl Shuman, Alden Shuman, and Marshall Brown in 1953

Moderate Swing 4/4, Key of F

There's a little run that you play before the F chord. The single notes in the r.h. are:
G, G#, A, C, A, G, F.

Another little right hand walk down that is played before C7 is:
G, G, F#, F, E

F                 Bb               F
Seven lonely days make one lonely week
C7                  F         Bb      F
Seven lonely nights make one lonely me
F                         Bb               F
Ever since the time  you told me we were through
C7                  F            Bb         F
Seven lonely days I cried and I cried for you

F                               Bb   F     Bb
Oh my darling you're crying boo hoo hoo hoo
                  C7/E                  F Bb F
There's no use in denying I cried for you
                              C7        Bb
It was your favorite pastime  making me blue
                  C7                    F
Last week was the last time I cried for you (2x)


F = F/CFA

Bb = Bb/DF

F = F/AC

C7 = C/BbEG

F = F/ACF

Bb = Bb/BbDF

F = ACF

F = AC

Bb = Bb/DF

F = F/AC

C7 = C/BbEG

F = F/ACF

Bb = Bb/BbDF

F/ACF

F = C/ACDF

Bb = Bb/FBbD

F = F/C

Bb = Bb/FBbD

C7/E = E/EBbC

F = F/ACF

Bb = Bb/BbD

F = F/ACF

Bb = Bb/FBbD

F = F/C

Bb = F/FBbD

C7 = C/EBbC

F = F/ACF

C7 = C/EBbC

F = F/ACF

Bb = Bb/BbDF

F = F/ACF

Now, what I hear in the left hand are walk up, walk down runs.
This is a great finger exercise. Practice these single notes:

F, A, C, A

Bb, D, F, D

F, F, E, D

C, E, G, E  (2x)

F, F, Bb, F, F, C, D, E

F, A, C, A (2x)

Bb, D, F, D

F, F, E, D

C, E, G, E (2x)

F, F, Bb, F

A, G#, A, G, F

C, F

F, G, A

Bb, F

Bb, G, F#, G, F#, F

E, C

C, D, E

F, Bb, F

A, A, G#, A, G, F

C, F

F, G, A

Bb, F, Bb

C, E, G, E

C, C, Bb, G

F, A, C, A, F

C, E, G, E, C

F, A, C, A

Bb, D, F, D

F, F, E, D, C, F

I think Patsy Cline's version is the best. I think a solo piano sounds good, too.



From Cowboylyrics.com
SEVEN LONELY DAYS
Recorded by Bonnie Lou
Written by Marshall Brown, Alden Shuman & Earl Shuman

[C] Seven Lonely Days, [F] make one lonely [C] week
[G7] Seven lonely nights, make [F] one lonely [C] me
Ever since the time, you [F] told me were [C] through
[G7] Seven Lonely Days, I [F] cried and cried for [C] you.

CHORUS
[P] Oh my darling you're [C] crying, boo [C7] hoo hoo [F] hoo
There's no use in [G7] denying, I cried for [C] you
[P] It was your favorite [C] pastime, making me [F] blue
Last week was the [G7] last time, I cried for [C] you.

Seven hankies blue, I filled with my tears
Seven letters, too, I filled with my fears
Guess it never pays, to make your lover blue
Seven Lonely Days, I cried and cried for you.

CHORUS


If you can read simple treble-clef melody notes,
you can play your favorite popular songs using
"Play Piano With Fake Book" system.

Master the following:
*Can't Help Falling In Love
*Smoke Gets In Your Eye
*Never on Sunday
*Edelweiss
*Chariots of Fire and more
Using "Play Piano With Fake Book"

Happy Fall, everyone!







"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails