Whitney Houston: I Look To You

Cover of "I Look to You"
Cover of I Look to You

  Look to You is the seventh and final studio album by American recording artist Whitney Houston. It was first released on August 28, 2009 through Sony Music in Europe, then August 31, 2009 with Arista Records in the United States before being released by RCA Records in the United Kingdom on October 19, 2009. The album was Houston's first studio album since One Wish: The Holiday Album (2003), and the follow-up to 2002's Just Whitney. It is also the singer's last album released during her lifetime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Look_to_You
  I Look To You Chords
 
C              G
As I lay me down
Am              Em
Heaven hear me now
Dm                  F
I'm lost without a cause
Dm                  G
After giving it my all

C                    G
Winter storms has come
Am              Em 
                  



        F                Em
After all my strength is gone
F                  G
In you I can move on

           C     G
I look to you
           Am   Dm
I look to you

          F           Em
And when melodies are gone
   Dm           G
In you I hear a song
           C
I look to you
http://www.yourchords.com/174126/Whitney-Houston/I-Look-To-You-Chords/ 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have an arrangement that I play in the Key of E.
 
Stanza:
 
E   E/D#   C#m   E/G#   F#m   E/G#
 
A   B   E   E/D#   C#m   E/G#   F#m   E/G  A  B
 
Chorus:
 
E   B/D#   C#m   E/G#
 
F#m   E/G#   A   B   E   B/D#
 
C#m   E/G#   F#m   E/G#   A   B
 
Bridge:
 
C#m   C#m/B   A   C#m   C#m/B
 
A   F#m   E/G#
 
A   B   E. 
 

I Look to You

Here is some theory to better understand the Key of E.
 
E major scale notes: E F# G# A B C# D# 

  • Major key chord sequence: Maj min min Maj Maj min dim
I ii iii IV V vi vii
Emaj F#min G#min Amaj Bmaj C#min D#dim
Emaj7 F#min7 G#min7 Amaj7 B7 C#min7 D#m7b5
Common chord progressions in E major
I - IV - V E - A - B
I - vi - IV - V E - C#m - A - B
II - V - I F#m7 - B7 - Emaj7
 http://www.guitar-chords.org.uk/chords-key-e.html
 
E Chord Name Symbols Chords Notes*
E Major (implied if without notation)
EM or Emaj or E
E
G#
B




E Minor
Em
E
G
B




E Augmented
Eaug or E+
E
G#
C




E Diminished
Edim or Eo
E
G
A#




E Dominant 7th
E7
E
G#
B
D



E Major 7th
EM7 or Emaj7
E
G#
B
D#



E Minor 7th
Em7
E
G
B
D



E Dominant 7b5
E7b5
E
G#
A#
D



E Augmented Dominant 7th or E Dominant Seventh Sharp 5
E7#5
E
G#
C
D



E Minor/ Major Seventh
Em/M7 or Em/maj7
E
G
B
D#



E Diminished Minor Seventh or E Minor Seventh Flat Five or E Half-Diminished Seventh
Em7b5
E
G
A#
D



E Diminished 7th
Edim7
E
G
A#
C#



E Suspended or E Suspended 4th
Esus or Esus4
E
G#
A
B



E Minor Suspended or E Minor Suspended 4th
Emsus or Emsus4
E
G
A
B



E Major 6th
E6 or EM6
E
G#
B
C#



E Minor 6th
Em6
E
G
B
C#



E Six/Nine or E Sixth Add Ninth
E6/9 or E6add9
E
G#
B
C#
F#


E Minor Six/Nine or E Minor Sixth Add Ninth
Em6/9 or Em6add9
E
G
B
C#
F#


E Add Nine
Eadd9
E
G#
B
F#



E Minor Add Nine
Emadd9
E
G
B
F#



E Major Ninth
EM9 or Emaj9
E
G#
B
D#
F#


E Minor Ninth
Em9
E
G
B
D
F#


E Dominant Ninth
E9
E
G#
B
D
F#


E Dominant Sharp Nine
E7#9
E
G#
B
D
G


E Dominant Flat Nine
E7b9
E
G#
B
D
F


E Minor Eleventh
Em11
E
G
B
D
F#
A

E Dominant Eleventh
E11
E
G#
B
D
F#
A

E Dominant Sharp Eleventh
E7#11
E
G#
B
D
F#
A#

E Major Sharp Eleven or E Major Seventh Sharp Eleventh
Emaj#11 or Emaj7#11
E
G#
B
D#
F#
A#

E Major Thirteenth
Emaj13
E
G#
B
D#
F#
A
C#
E Minor Thirteenth
Em13
E
G
B
D
F#
A
C#
E Dominant Thirteenth
E13
E
G#
B
D
F#
A
C#
http://www.piano-lessons-central.com/e-chord.html 
 
To better understand the formation of chords, the name of 
chord types and progressions, a great resource to look at 
is Audio Chords.

 






"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails