Kirk Franklin: When I Get There

Kirk FranklinCover of Kirk Franklin I recently wrote an article Triplets Vs Eighth Notes

 I immediately thought of one particular song that uses lots of eighth notes, well and for sure sixteenth notes. Are you familiar with "When I Get There" by Kirk Franklin? It's a great upbeat song.


"Now, this song is about heaven." -- Kirk Franklin

* Video




* Sheet Music
http://www.musicnotes.com


When I Get There Lyrics and Chords


Verse 1:

the sun will shine
my heart shall sing
one thought of you Jesus
what joy it brings
my soul can't wait
to see your face
and I'll bless your name jesus
when we get there

Fmaj9 = F/ACEG


E/Am7 = E/EGC

Dm11 = D/DFA


Verse 2:

Fmaj9  A/G      Dm7
you'll wipe my tears
you'll say well done


Fmaj9  Em7     Dm7
you'll hold me close
and tell me I've overcome



Fmaj9    A/G   Dm7
and you will exchange



G7   G#dim7  Em7
joy for my pain



Dm7  E/C   F/Dm
and i'll bless your name jesus
when we get there

chorus:

Fmaj9  Em7  Dm11
come on lets go
we'll cry no more
we're gonna be just like jesus


Cmaj7  Dm7 
when we get there


Em7  Em7  Dm11
come on lets go
*Hold on

G#dim7  Am7  Gm7
it won't be long

Em7  Dm11
we're gonna be just like Jesus

Gm7       C7
when we get there

Verse 1 repeat

verse 2 repeat

chorus repeat

no more feeling alone
when all my fear is all gone
you tell me it won't be long
when you call my name
we shall be changed come on!

Repeat chorus until song ends

Here's a few ways to play these chords:


G#dim7 = G#/FB

Em7 = E/GD
Dm11 = D/ACEG
Em7 = E/BDEG
Gm7 = G/FBbDF
C7 = C/EBCE

Thanks again for your kind comments.
All the best,

"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails