Coldplay Violet Hill- Play By Ear


What does Coldplay's song Violet Hill mean?

Coldplay has been known for songs with ambiguous lyrics. "Violet Hill" breaks that trend. It's unquestionably a song about war. And it's the first Coldplay song that sounds angry. "Violet Hill" reminds me of the anti-war protest songs of the 60s and 70s. It is strongly rhythmic, with a driving, slightly discordant electric guitar riff, and a strong drumbeat reminiscent of soldiers marching. An instant hit, "Violet Hill" was downloaded 1.5 million times in its first 3 days on the market.


http://www.planetwisdom.com/music/reviews/coldplay_violethill.php

"Violet Hill" is a song by British rock band Coldplay from the band's forthcoming studio album Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. The song was released as the first single from the album on 6 May 2008. A music video for the song was filmed in Sicily, Italy."

http://top10mp3download.blogspot.com/2008/05/coldplay-violet-hill.html


Coldplay - Violet Hill (piano cover) play by ear 0AdRiaNleE0


Chords To Coldplay Violet Hill
VERSE 1:
C#m
Was a long and dark December
From the rooftops I remember
A F#m
There was snow, white snow
C#m
Clearly I remember from the windows
A
They were watching while we froze
F#m
Down below
CHORUS:
A
When the future architecture
B C#m
By a carnival of idiots on show
B
You better lie low
A E C#m F#m B C#m
If you love me, won’t you let me know
VERSE 2:
C#m
Was a long and dark December
When the banks became cathedrals
A F#m
And the frost became gone
C#m
Creased cut stones and bibles
Are all out to fade their rifles
A F#m
And the cross was held aloft
CHORUS:
A
There in me and I’m…
B
When I’m dead and hit the ground
C#m B
Legs are cold, unfold
A E C#m F#m B C#m
If you love me, won’t you let me know
SOLO:
C#m C#m A F#m x2
CHORUS:
A
I don’t wanna be a soldier
B
With a captain of some sinking ship
C#m
With snow
B
Far below
A E C#m F#m B C#m
So, if you love me, why’d you let me go
OUTRO:
E A G#m A
I took my love down to Violet Hill
C#m F#m A
| There we sat in snow
C#m F#m A G#m
All that time she was silenced still
E A E C#m F#m B C#m F#m
So, if you love me, won’t you let me know?
E A E C#m F#m B C#m
If you love me, won’t you let me know?

http://tabnabber.com/view_Tab.asp?tabID=5492&sArtist=Coldplay&sName=Violet+Hill


Coldplay Violet Hill Lyrics


Coldplay Lyrics
Violet Hill Lyrics
More at
http://ladydpiano.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails