Friday Freebie: Amazing Grace

amazing grace advanced version

One of my favorite hymns is Amazing Grace. I thought I would share mostly all free stuff today,
staying with the theme of the song. “Amazing Grace’ is a Christian hymn which is written by an English poet named John Newton in 1779.


vintage clip art

"God's Amazing Grace" (feat. Rev. Timothy Flemming)

Lyrics to Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found
Was blind but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
And drives away his fear

Must Jesus bear the cross alone
And all the world go free?
No, there's a cross for ev'ryone
And there's a cross for me

piano and violin sheet music


Amazing Grace Tutorial from Yoke Wong


5 American Gospel Songs: III. Amazing Grace

Free Sheet Music, Hard Version to Amazing Grace
Piano Files

Jermaine Griggs, Beginner's Amazing Grace
how-to-play-songs-with-just-two-chords-and-still-sound-good 

“A-ma-zing grace how”
C major ~~~~~~~
(C + E + G)
“Sweet the”
F major ~~
(F + A + C)
“Sound.”
C major ~
(C + E + G)
“That saved a wretch like”
C major ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(C + E + G)
“Me”

Amazing Grace with Willie Myette

 
Free Sheet Music: Easy, Level 1
Making Music Fun

Traditional Amazing Grace (Choral Arrangement)
Traditional Amazing Grace

Download: Sheet music and Amazing Grace History
http://www.musicedmagic.com

traditional amazing grace
http://www.8notes.com/scores/2766.asp


The Blind Boys of Alabama 

INTRO- Am, C, Dm, F, Am, Em, Am, Em

 Am     C          Dm        F
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
      Am     C           Em
That saved a wretch like me.
   Am      C         Dm      F
I once was lost, but now I’m found,
    Am     Em        Am  Am
Was blind, but now I see. 

(Passing chords)
C, Dm, F, Am, Em Am, Em

       Am        C          Dm       F
T’was grace that thought my heart to fear,
     Am       C    Am     
and grace my fears released. 
    Am        C       D             F
How precious did that grace, grace appear
     Am      Em   Am
The  hour I first believed.
[ Tab from: http://www.guitaretab.com/t/the-blind-boys-of-alabama/197115.html ]
(Passing chords)
C, Dm, F, Am, Em Am, Em

     Am         C         Dm       F
When we've been there ten thousand years,
     Am    C   Em     Em
bright shining as the sun,
      Am      C       Dm         F
we've no less days to sing God's praise
     Am               Em    Am
than when did when we first begun.

(Passing chords)
C, Dm, F, Am, Em, Am, Em

Organ Solo (For about 12- 16 bars)

  Am   C        Dm     F
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
     Am      C       Em      Em
That saved a wretch like me.
  Am       C         Dm      F
I once was lost, but now im found,
    Am         Em     Am
Was blind, but now I see.
 
Jars of Clay 
Amazing Grace: Who We Are Instead 2003
 
D                                G  Gsus4 G
I grew this heart into a drifter
                                 D  Dsus2 D
I never felt the roots I bare
                                        C9
I sold my sight, oh brother, sister
                                         G
For a mountain of fool's gold, it's gone
                                         D  Dsus2  D
Only God knows, God knows where


D                                     G  Gsus4 G
My soul was restless for redemption
                                            D   Dsus2   D
My feet were lookin' for a place to stand
                          C9
Well I ain't got no life
                                         G
And you know I ain't got no money
                                      D      Dsus2   D
Just the faith of an empty hand  -    empty hand


C9        G                      D
Amazing Grace I feel you coming up slowly now
C9         G                D
Like the sun is risin', heat on my face
C9       G                       D
Oh love that keeps on shinin', don't let the shadow come
C9                              D
Ya know I gotta feel your healin' rays


Interlude: G    D       C9      G       D


D                                 G       Gsus4   G
I hitched a ride, I was a beggar
                              D       Dsus2   D
I had murder on my hands
                                           C9
I needed water to rinse these stains
                                              G
But only blood could remove what's spillin'
                             D       Dsus2   D
And pardon me the blame


C9          G                     D
Amazing Grace I feel you coming up slowly now
C9         G                D
Like the sun is risin', heat on my face
C9               G                       D
Oh love that keeps on shinin', don't let the shadow come
C9                   (G)                   D
Ya know I gotta feel your healin' rays

A
Amazing Grace I feel you coming up slowly now
A7
Amazing Grace I feel you coming up slowly now

Chorus x2
Repeat last line x2

Ending: Verse chords (similar to intro)
Note: the chord (G) in parentheses is for the last line. 

Chris Tomlin 
(Amazing Grace My Chains Are Gone)

VERSE 1:
   D                G/D       D 
A-mazing Grace how sweet the sound 
                         A/D 
that saved a wretch like me 
   D       D/F#      G        D 
I once was lost but now I am found
              A/D    D 
Was blind but now I see    (no Chorus, straight to verse 2)


VERSE 2:
       D                    G/D      D 
'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear
                      A/D 
And grace my fears relieved
     D       D/F#      G       D 
How precious did that Grace appear
            A/D     D 
The hour I first believed. (Chorus)


CHORUS:
               G                  D/F# 
My Chains are gone, I’ve been set free
           G/B                D/A 
My God my Savior has ransomed me
    D/F#    G               D/F# 
And like a flood His mercy reigns
          Em7   A7           D 
Unending love,      Amazing Grace


VERSE 3:
     D                 G/D     D 
The Lord has promised good to me
                    A/D 
His word my hope secures
    D       D/F#       G      D 
He will my shield and portion be
           A/D     D 
As long as life endures   (Chorus 2x)


VERSE 4: (true final verse from John Newton's original poem)
     D                  G/D         D 
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
                    A/D 
The sun forbear to shine
     D       D/F#      G      D 
But God who called me here below
     D       A/D   D 
Will be for-ever  mine   
     D       A/D   D 
Will be for-ever  mine   
     D       A/D   D 
You are for-ever  mine    (Chorus)
 
 
Amazing Grace (The Secret Of The Master) 
Artist: Zack McMullen
 
 Intro/Outro: F#,C#,F#,C#,F#,C#,F# 2*
         F#                         B        F#                  
 Amazing grace How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like 
B  C# F#                         B     F#                   B   C#
me, I once was lost but now I'm found, Twas blind but now I see
         C#                B      C#                  B      F#
Chorus: The secret of the master, As we go around chanting, of your  
         C#               B        C#            B        F#
love, Controlling what I do oh, No one has a clue of, of whats above
 B                      C#       F#
That's the secret (2x)(Of The Master)(2nd time)
Verse 2:(Same Chords and placings for all Verses)
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, Twas grace those fears 
relieved, How precious did that grace appear, Tha hour I first 
believed
Verse 3: Through many dangers toils and snares,I have already come, 
twas grace that brought me this far, and grace will lead me home
Verse 4: When we've been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as 
the sun, We've no less days to sing your praise, then when we first 
begun
         C#           C#           C#      D#      C#
Bridge: The secret, The secret, The secret of the master 4x

Setup: Intro,Verse 1,Chorus,Verse 2,Chorus,Verse 3,Chorus,Verse 4, 
Chorus,Bridge,Chorus,Outro 

Artist: Matthew Carreon

[V1]
. E      E7        A         E          C#m     F#          B  B7
 Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me;
.  E        E7       A       E          C#m       B     A   E
 I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.
 
[V2]
.     E          E7        A        E         C#m      F#      
B      B7
 Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears 
relieved;
.    E        E7       A       E        C#m    B       A      E
 How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed!
 
[V3]
.        E    E7       A          E        C#m    F#    B    B7
 Through many dangers, toils, and snares I have already come;
.     E          E7         A         E       C#m        B       
A    E
 'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me 
home.
 
[V4]
.     E          E7        A        E            C#m     F#     B   
B7
 When we've been there ten thousand years bright shining as the sun;
.      E       E7      A          E           C#m       B       A   E
 We've no less days to sing God's praise than when we'd first begun!
        
  Amazing Grace: John Newton 
 



VERSE 1:
D       D/F#      G         D
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
     D                   A
That saved a wretch like me
  D        D/F#      G      D
I once was lost, but now am found
    D         G   A  D
Was blind but now I see
 
Hillsong: Amazing Grace Chords
 
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound  
                         C
That saved a wretch like me
 F                     Bb      F                  C
I once was lost, but now am found was blind, but now I see


Verse 2: Same as verse 1

Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear the hour i first believed

Chorus:
F             Bb                  F
My chains are gone, I've been set free
          Bb                    F
My God my saviour, has ransomed me
           Bb               F
And like a flood his mercy reigns
             Gm7  C7             F
Unending love,      amazing grace
I'm so thankful for all of my readers. I sincerely hope you enjoy 
learning how to play this song. It's for all occasions and has a 
way of comforting our hearts. Here is how I play the song and you'll
find the chords below. Chord progression credit goes to Willie Myette.
Take his lessons folks. He is an amazing teacher and pianist. 
 
  
G/ADG

F#E/BEB

BD#A/C#FA

E/ABDG

DF/GACD

GF/AbC#D

EbA/DGB

EA/DGBD

GA/C#F#A#C#

AG/CEGC

DF#C/EbG#B

G/DEGBD

DG/ACEG

GF/G#BD

C/GBE

F/ABD

ED/ABDG

AG/C#D#B

AG/CEGB

DF#/CEbF#A

CEBb/DG

GDG/ADG

Become A Better Church Pianist Now!
Learn How To Play Hymns Using Color Chords
& Exciting Runs & Fillers


www.PianoArrangement.com
You may be interested in these music resources:






"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails