Aicia Keys: You Don't Know My Name

 Here are the piano chords to You Don't Know My Name written by Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Harold Lilly, J.R. Bailey, Mel Kent and Ken Williams. This popular song was written in 2003.
The part where Alicia sings "You don't know my name" throughout the song, well that walk down is F#, E, D, C#, and B whether you play single notes in the l.h. or add octaves and play it in your right hand. Remember you're in the Key of A, so that's the run you hear in this song. I love it!
CHORD CHART:
Bm7
   Baby, baby, baby
From the day I saw you
Db7
I really really want to catch your eye
Bm7
  There's something special 'bout you
I must really like you
Db7
Cause not a lotta guys are worth my time
Bm7
  Ooo baby, baby, baby
It's gettin kind of crazy
Db7
'Cause you are takin' over my mind
(CHORUS)
Amaj7
And it feels like oooooo
Bm7
   you don't know my name
Db7Amaj7
    I swear it feels like ooooo
Bm7
You don't know my name
Db7
(round and round and round we go, will you ever know)
Bm7
  Oh baby baby baby
I see us on our first date
Db7
You're doin everything that makes me smile
Bm7
  And when we had our first kiss
It happened on a Thursday
Db7
Ooooo it set my soul on fire
Bm7
  Ooo baby baby baby
I can't wait for the first time
Db7
My imagination's runnin wild
chorus...
Amaj7
 "I'm sayin, he don't even know what he's doin' to me
Bm7
  I'm feelin' all crazy inside
I'm feelin like"
E7sus
   Owww! Ooooo Oooooo
Amaj7
Doin more than I've ever done for anyone's attention
Bm7
Take notice of what's in front of you
E7sus
Cause did I mention you're 'bout to miss a good thing
Amaj7
  And you'll never know how good it feels to have all of my affection
Bm7E7sus
And you'll never get a chance to experience my lovin'
Amaj7
Cause my lovin' feels like ooooooo
Bm7Db7
You don't know my name...............
Wikipedia says:
"You Don't Know My Name" is a song by American R&B-soul singer Alicia Keys from her second studio album, The Diary of Alicia Keys (2003). The track, written by Keys, Kanye West, and Harold Lilly and co-produced by Keys and West, was released as the album's lead single in November 2003, and contains a sample from the 1974 song "Let Me Prove My Love to You", written by J. R. Bailey, Mel Kent, and Ken Williams and performed by The Main Ingredient. It became Keys' third top ten hit in the United States, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100, and also stayed atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for eight weeks and it was her first single to reach number one single R&B chart in the United States after 2001's "Fallin'". Furthermore, the song won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Song in 2005 and a Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Single, Female in 2004. "You Don't Know My Name" was sampled on Lil Wayne's 2008 song "Comfortable" featuring Babyface. Blender magazine ranked the song number thirty-seven on its list of The 100 Best Songs of 2004.[1]

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name (no dialog edit)

 
-- LadyD I write for Fortitude http://fo.rtitu.de/1014
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails