Jesus Is Love- Lionel Ritchie

"Back as a student in Tuskegee, Lionel Ritchie formed a succession of R&B groups in the mid-1960s. In 1968 he became the lead singer and saxophonist with the Commodores." Read more of Lionel Ritchie's bio

http://en.wikipedis.org/wiki/Lionel_Ritchie


"Lionel Brockman Richie, Jr. (born June 20, 1949) is an Academy Award and Grammy award-winning American singer, songwriter, record producer, and occasional actor, who has sold more than 100 million records."

"In 1980, the Commodores were voted "Favorite Soul Group" at the American Music Awards and won the Peoples Choice Award for "Best Song" with "Still". Surprisingly enough, the highly spiritual "Heroes", the Commodores' tenth LP, released the same year, was a poor seller in the U.K., at least compared to their previous albums, but went platinum in the United States. The singles "Old-Fashion Love" (R&B #8, Pop #20) and the title track "Heroes" (R&B #27, Pop #54) were obviously hits, but not big enough to end the malicious media speculations about the Commodores' heydays being over. The third single "Jesus Is Love" only made it to a disappointing R&B #34."

http://www.associatedentertainment.com/aec/National-Acts/Music-Category-2/Commodores


I love all of Lionel's songs. I have played many of them over and over and never grow tired of hearing his music. Here is one of many of his fine songs. By The Commodores, composed by Lionel Richie, in the Key of Ab, Jesus Is Love.

* Chords To Jesus Is Love

Ab/EbAbC - Father
G/EbGFBb - Help your
FEb/EbGAbC - children
Eb/EbAbC - and don't let them
Db/CEbFAb - fall
C/BbEbAb - by the side
BbAb/CDbFAb - of the road
Eb/DbEbFAb
back to top

Gb/GbBbDbF - Je-
FEb/FAbCEb - -sus
Ab/EbGbBbDb - is
Db/CEbFAb - Love
It's a walk down the Ab scale, you can incorporate the Circle of 4ths to make the movement sound fuller and there are other things you can do, but this is the basics of the Song.

* Piano Tutorial - Jesus Is Love - Commodores / Lionel Richie


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZU0dVsqtOM


* Lyrics To Jesus Is Love

Father
Help Your children
And don't let them fall
By the side of the road, mmm...mmm...

And teach them
To love one another
That Heaven might find
A place in their hearts

'Cause Jesus is love
He won't let you down
And I know He's mine forever
Oh, in my heart

We've got to walk on
Walk on through temptation
'Cause His love and His wisdom
Will be our helpin' hand

And I know the Truth
And His words will be our salvation
Lift up our hearts
To be thankful and glad

That Jesus is love
He won't let you down
And I know He's mine
Deep down in my soul

Jesus is love
Oh, yes, He is
He won't let you down
And I know He's mine, He's mine, He's mine, He's mine, all mine
Forever, oh, in my heart
Help me, heart, heart
Ooh...ooh...

(Deep in my heart)
I know, I know, I know, I know
Ah, 'cause His love's the power (Power)
His love's the glory (Glory)
Forever (Ever and ever)

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Ooh, yeah, yeah (Yeah, yeah)

I wanna follow your star
Wherever it leads me
And I don't mind, Lord
I hope you don't mind

I wanna walk with you
And talk with you
And do all the things you want me to do
'Cause I know that Jesus

(Jesus is Love, I know) 'Cause I know, Lord
(And if you ask, I'll show)
(Love is the word forever) And ever and ever

Who can bring you love (Jesus)
Who can bring you joy (Jesus)
Who can turn your life around (Jesus), oh

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Hey

Who will pick you up (Jesus)
When you fall (Jesus)
Who'll stand beside you (Jesus)
Who will love us all

Hey, hey, Jesus (Yeah, yeah)
Jesus (Yeah, yeah)
Oh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)

One thing I wanna say
Who can heal your body (Jesus)
Who can make you strong (Jesus)
Who can help you to hold out (Jesus)
A little while longer

Ooh, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Jesus loves you (Yeah, yeah), Jesus wants you
If you call Him, He will answer

(Jesus) Call him in the mornin'
(Jesus) Call him in the evenin'
(Jesus) Call him in the midnight hour

Hey, hey (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Yeah, y'all say it for me

(Jesus is love)

* Worship Song in Ab
Ab/EbAbBbC
Ab/EAbBbEb
Ab/EAbBbC#

That's the regular worship stuff

E/BbC#EG
F/CEbAb
A/EbF#AC
Bb/FAbC#
G/FAbBbC#
C/EAbBbEb
F/EbAbC
E/DAbC
Eb/C#F#Bb
Ab/CFfBb
C#/C#EbFAb
Eb/EAbBbEb
C#/EAbBbC#
Ab/EAbBbC





Look inside this title
Jesus Is Love - sheet music at www.sheetmusicplus.com
Jesus Is Love By The Commodores, composed by Lionel Richie. Single for voice, piano and guitar chords. Ab Major. 7 pages. Published by Hal Leonard. (HL.352270)
See more info...






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails