Thirteen Years Later


9/11 Memorial

 Thirteen Years Later


 For quite some time now, I have put my thoughts into a post for my blog on 9/11. You can read them here,  Ten Years Later and 911 Ten Years Later

While driving around on a beautiful day like today, I couldn't help but notice all the flags flying half mast. I was sad for a little while for all the victims and then I remembered some of my friends who are pilots now, particularly Tommy Mc Guinness the son of Tom Mc Guiness who was the co-pilot on that tragic day. We need pilots and especially for such crazy times as we are seeing today with so much unrest in the world. Thank you to all military for serving our country.

Many of you have heard my story of me being the keyboard player at Tom Mc Guiness' West Coast Memorial Service. I simply was handed a score of music and played the keys on a string patch.  Thirteen years ago I saw Tom's son (a wee little lad back then) sitting in the front row at my church listening to his mom talk about what had happened the morning of 9/11. Today, Tom is a pilot and I am his friend on FaceBook. I am so very proud of him. I'm sure his dad is, too.

Destiny is defined as:

The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
The hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.

I don't have all the answers to many deep and troubling things but my Pastor encourages me in the word by sharing Romans 8:28 Somehow... all these things are working together for my good. I will continue to trust the Lord.

I have no songs or chord progressions to share with you today. Just a heart that is appreciative for my readers and fellow church musicians. So, keep practicing whatever it is that your passionate about. Whether patriotic, gospel, blues or classical... move your fingers daily and find your rhythm to life.

We have so much freedom in our country. Jesus is my savior. Do you know Him?

Next week I hope to be writing about syncopated rhythms, riffs, app reviews and ear training.
What are you working on?

Take care and God Bless!



If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin'
Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!


"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails