Free Single Staff Version
Great music composition software
Get it: NotateMe Now - Neuratron Ltd
Free single-staff version of NotateMe - the ground-breaking music composition and music notation software from Neuratron, with handwriting recognition plus PhotoScore Now printed sheet music capture (using your device's camera!).
- Featuring powerful handwritten music recognition - quickly and accurately enter music notation with your finger or stylus, on a tablet or smartphone.
- Write music on the train, in a plane, by a lake, or just sitting comfortably on your sofa!
- Simple, intuitive interface with little to distract you from your creativity - similar to writing with pen and paper, but with instant playback, editing and a printable score at the end!
- Includes PhotoScore Now - A free 1-staff version of the PhotoScore Add-In (In-App Purchase) for full NotateMe. Take photos of printed sheet music with your device's camera, so you can play back and edit them with NotateMe Now! Recognizes 5-line staves and most markings including chords, flags, beams, rests, accidentals, articulation marks, clefs, key signatures, time signatures, tuplets, slurs, ties, hairpins and text including lyrics, dynamics and instrument names.
- Great when learning or teaching music notation.
- Email MusicXML and MIDI files of your scores to friends or other musicians. Open in Sibelius, Finale and other desktop software.
- NotateMe Now recognizes a wide range of music notation symbols, including notes (with solid, open, and slanted noteheads), flags, beams, leger lines, multiple voices per staff, chords, rests, accidentals (natural, sharp, double sharp & flat), articulation marks, augmentation dots, ties, slurs, hairpins, clef changes, key signatures. Barlines, clefs, time signatures and triplets are added automatically.
- It works while you write - the printed score updates automatically without you needing to stop and wait.
- If NotateMe Now doesn’t recognize your style immediately, keep at it, as it will adjust. Leave clear space between symbols and make markings clearer with further strokes if any transcription errors occur. If you experience problems, tap 'Help Improve NotateMe' from the Export menu and we will analyze your handwriting to help us improve NotateMe further.
This is an awesome tool for teaching music notation and is loaded with lots of cool stuff. Upon opening the program, you can accurately enter notations with your finger or stylus on your tablet or iPhone. If you don't have a stylus, I'm pretty sure you can get one at Fry's for little cost.
The app is nicely laid out, as well as user-friendly. I found the software easy to understand and very effective. You'll find that bar lines, time signatures, clefs and triplets can be added automatically. There are many dynamics to choose from. Plus, you can email your files to friends, students and other musicians.
There's a good selection of activities and you can customize it to fit your needs. Check out the requirements, here and download NotateMe Now - Neuratron Ltd. I'm very pleased with it and give it 5 stars! If you'd like a glimpse of what it's all about, here's a video presentation.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin'
Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King