Learn Lookin' Out for Me: Kirk Franklin

The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin
The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


 Here's a slow groove song, in the Key of Ab, Lookin' Out for Me by Kirk Franklin.

Intro

Bb13,  C7(#5 b9),  Ab13,  Bb13, C7(#5b9), Ab13, Bb13, C7(#5b9), Fm, Bbm7 Ab


Ab13 
Every time I look back 
                        Bb13 
And every time I think back 
Bb 
On all the stuff I been through 
                              
I prayed through I cried through 
C7(#5b9)          Ab13                             Bb13                                   
And then I tried you and just when I was about to fall 
                               C7(#5b9)                       
Your love caught me when your name I called 
Fm         Gm/Bb Fm/Bb    Bbm7     Ab       
Jesus you keep on looking out for me 
Ab13              
Remember when the doctor said 
                              Bb13  
He said he couldn't help you and 
                                                    
Remember when the money was getting low 
                           C7(#5b9) 
You're hurtin' now you're feelin' low and 
    Ab13                         
Just when you thought the night would never end 
Bb13                          C7(#5b9)                                   
The sun came out now you can smile again 
Fm         Gm/Bb Fm/Bb    Bbm7   Ab 
Jesus you keep on look-in' out for me 
Ab7      Bb/Ab    Dbm6/Ab    Ab     
You keep on lookin out for me (repeat 3x's) 
Fm/Bb        Fm/D    Db/Eb Db/Gb C7(#9)
In spite of all I've done 
Fm7   Bb13                Db/Eb   Ab
Jesus you keep on look-in out for me 
Ab13        
I shouldn't be here today 
                                         Bb13                               
And when I look back on all my mistakes if it hadn't been for your grace 
                   C7(#5b9)
I don't know where I'd be where I'd go 
Ab13                                  
Who can love me like you do 
 Bb13                        C7(#5b9)
And who can hold me when I'm goin' through? 
Fm         Gm/Bb Fm/Bb   Bbm7    Ab
Jesus you keep on lookin out for me
 

Ab7         Bb/Ab   Dbm6/Ab   Ab
You keep on look-in' out for me
Ab7        Bb/Ab   Dbm6/Ab  Ab
You keep on lookin out for me.

Ab7         Bb/Ab   Dbm6/Ab   Ab
You keep on look-in' out for me
Ab7        Bb/Ab   Dbm6/Ab  Ab
You keep on lookin out for me.

Fm/Bb    Fm/D    Db/Eb  Db/Gb C7(#9)
In spite of all I've done, oh.

Fm7    Bb13             Db/Eb  Dbm6/Eb
Je-sus, You keep on lookin' out for me.

Ab7
Jesus, Jesus, yeah!

Listen to the song on YouTube with it's cool rhythm and great sounding chords.



Chord Breakdown

Here's some slash chords used throughout the song, in no particular order from my copy of
The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin (Songbooks and Folios)

L.H. / R.H.

Bb13 = Bb/AbDG
C7(#5b9) = C/BbFbAbDb
Ab13 = Ab/GbCF
Fm = F/CEbFAb
Bbm7 = Ab/DbFBb
Ab = Ab/CEbAb
Gm/Bb = Bb/DGBb, DbGbBbb
Fm/Bb = Bb/CFAb
Ab7 = Ab/GbCEb
Bb/Ab = Ab/FBbD
Dbm6/Ab = Ab/FbBbDb
Fm/D = D/AbCF
Db/Eb = Eb/DbFAb
Db/Gb = Gb/AbDbF
C7(#9) = C/EBbEb
Fm7 = F/CEbAb

If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin'
Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!



"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B.King

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails