I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues by Elton John

LAS VEGAS - APRIL 22:  Musician Sir Elton John...Image by Getty Images via Daylife


By far, this is a great piano tutorial I found for playing Elton John's I Guess That's Why They call It The Blues.



* Chord Chart

http://www.eltonchords.com/chord_librart/iguess.txt


I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
by: Elton John, Bernie Taupin and Davey Johnstone

intro: C - Em - F

G
Don't wish it away
Em F C-F-C-F-C-F
Don't look at it like it's forever
C G
Between you and me
Bm F C-F-C-F-C-F
I could honestly say that things can only get better
C G B7 Em G/D C
And while I'm away bust out the demons inside
C G
And it won't be long before you and me run
Am F C G/B G7
To the place in our hearts where we hide

Chorus :
C G F
And I guess that's why they call it the blues
C G F
Time on my hands could be time spent with you
C G
Laughing like children
Am
Living like lovers
C F D/F#
Rolling like thunder, under the covers
F G
And I guess that's why they call it the blues

2nd verse:
G
Just stare into space
Em F C-F-C-F-C-F
Picture my face in your hands
C G
Live for each second
Bm F C-F-C-F-C-F
Without hesitation, never forget I'm your man
C G B7 Em G/D
Wait on me girl, cry in the night if it helps
C G
But more than ever I simply love you
Am F C G/B G7
More than I love life itself


Song Facts:
Elton's lyricist Bernie Taupin wrote this as a love letter to his wife at the time Toni Russo, who is the sister of the actress Rene Russo. In the album credits, Bernie wrote, "Hey Toni, this one's for you." (thanks, Jim - Dunedin, FL)

Stevie Wonder played harmonica on this track.

This song was the comeback collaboration between Elton John and his longtime songwriting partner Bernie Taupin, after a few years' break.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1420


* Free Sheet Music- I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

http://pianotte.szm.com/I.htm


* One of the best piano playing videos of the song:


* More of Elton John music:


ELTON JOHN - CANDLE IN THE WIND
ELTON JOHN - CROCODILE ROCK
ELTON JOHN - DANIEL

ELTON JOHN - DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME
ELTON JOHN - FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND
ELTON JOHN - I GUESS THAT`S WHY THEY CALL IT BLUES
ELTON JOHN - LEVON
ELTON JOHN - NIKITA
ELTON JOHN - ROCKET MAN
ELTON JOHN - SACRIFICE
ELTON JOHN - SOMETHING ABOUT THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT
ELTON JOHN - SORRY SEEMS TO BE THE HARDEST WORD
ELTON JOHN - STAN
ELTON JOHN - TAKE ME TO THE PILOT
ELTON JOHN - THE LAST SONG
ELTON JOHN - TINY DANCER
ELTON JOHN - YOUR SONG

http://my-piano.blogspot.com


Have fun with the song, pretty easy to play. I love to hear the intro melody playing in thirds with the right hand. And there are some great walk downs & walk ups for the left hand.

~ LadyD



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner









Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© copyright 2008-2020 – All rights reserved

LadyD Piano
Related Posts with Thumbnails